I am passionate about the natural world and believe that reconnecting with nature teaches us how to reconnect back with ourselves and others.
I am also passionate about business and have worked in business for over 30 years. We are currently going through a major shift in how business is done, and I believe this shift will realign business to the more ethical and vital service to society that it once was; business can be a huge force for good.
Counselling qualifications and registration
I have been working as a clinical counsellor in Transactional Analysis for 10 years. I trained with The Metanoia Institute in London.
I’m registered with The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by their strict codes of ethics and professional practice for my counselling work.
In addition to counselling training, my continuous professional development training includes:
- Group Facilitation and Conflict Resolution – 6 day intensive with the Research Society for Process Oriented Psychology, Jean-Claude and Arlene Audergon, London
- The Shamans Gift – 6 day intensive with the Research Society for Process Oriented Psychology, Jean-Claude and Arlene Audergon, London
- The Work That Reconnects – 7 day intensive with Joanna Macy, Findhorn, Scotland
- Highly Sensitive People assessment for psychotherapists – Dr Elaine Aron
- Highly Sensitive People – Barbara Allen-Williams, National Centre for High Sensitivity, UK
- Emotional Literacy – 6 week Claude Steiner training course delivered by Elizabeth Edema, London
- Couples Therapy workshop – Mark Widdowson, UK
- Animal Assisted Therapy workshop – Accord Therapists, UK
Business career and consulting
I have had a long career in business spanning 30 years. I am a business, marketing and psychology consultant for organisations and a business author. My background is in strategy, product and service innovation, marketing, business development, behaviour change & leadership.
My career has spanned engineering, heading R&D for part of Panavision, running automotive component factories for Smiths Industries and leading marketing and business development for Capgemini. I have created and brought to market many leading-edge products and services and have been personally responsible for sales of many millions of pounds.
I understand the stresses of being a board director, managing large teams and running a profit and loss centre. I also understand the pressures of being an entrepreneur as I have been running my business consultancy since 2003. For business, behaviour change and leadership consultancy please go to the Futurecurve.com website.